We’ve tried this delicious dish a few nights ago. We can definitely recommend it! It’s easy and quick to prepare (30min), it tastes great and it’s good for the heart.
2 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
2 tsp. garlic (jarred, minced)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
2 tsp. salt-free, or, low-sodium Italian seasoning
2 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
1. Prepare the pasta to the package directions – drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Mix flour and pepper in a shallow dish. One at a time, place chicken pieces in flour mixture and turn to coat.
3. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, turn to medium heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink inside.
4. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
5. Re-spray skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium-high, and cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add Italian Seasoning and zucchini, bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
8. Toss pasta in the skillet with sauce. Serve topped with chicken.